ACES Youth Project student, Dami Salami, has soared to the top!
Since the inception of ACES Youth Project (ACES) in 2004 (10 years ago), students who have participated in the programmes have excelled in their classes, attended world class universities, secured fantastic jobs and have gone on to achieve greater heights within their society.
This week, we are celebrating the achievements of Dami Salami who recently achieved a First Class Degree in Economics from the University of Essex.
Dami, a student from Bishop Douglass Secondary School, was referred to one of the ACES programmes while he was in year 8, and has recieved mentorship over the years.
Dami has contributed to ACES over the years in the following different ways:
- Taking an active part in the ACES alumni programme
- Spearheaded the ACES ‘Blog Talk Radio’
- Participated in the ACES ‘Change the Story Campaign
- Completed the Change the Story 5km Charity Run
- Addressed students at the Alperton Community School Presentation Evening
We are delighted to have supported Dami from education to employment. We can not wait to catch up with the other ACES students!