Location: Windsor, Berkshire, South East
Job Type: Voluntary
Sectors : Health, Medical
Posted: 28 October, 2014
Closing date: 26 January, 2015
Volunteer Role Description
Role: Retail Assistant
Location: Thames Hospice shops Thames Hospice has charity shops in the following locations: Binfield, Blackwater, Crowthorne, Dedworth, Maidenhead, Marlow (Vintage Boutique) North Ascot, Sandhurst, Sunninghill, Uxbridge, Windsor (Vintage & Retro), Wokingham and Woodley, plus a Homestore and Distribution Centre in Dedworth.
Length of commitment: Flexible
Volunteer Manager: Shop Manager, at location
Purpose of role
To help Thames Hospice generate the income to provide services and care to patients with life limiting illness and to support their families and carers.
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
- Advising and helping customers as they browse.
- Receive, sort, price and prepare for sale, donated and new bought-in-goods.
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment.
- Answering customer enquiries.
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Gift Aid, the Hospice Lottery and other incentives
Training and Support
- We will provide the training you need to feel confident in the role.
- The shop manager and other employees will be available give advice and assist you, as well as other experienced volunteers in the team.
- You will receive mandatory Health and Safety training
- Over 18
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- To be interested in the work of Thames Hospice.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to get along with people and work as part of a team.
- Basic numeracy skills